EDITORIAL GUIDELINES FOR WEBSITE SUBMISSIONS
Do you have a passion for writing or photography? You don’t need to be a professional, just have a love for travel, adventure, the ocean and life and have a good story to boot. Tell us your story and you could be featured as a guest writer on our website.
Articles and images do not need to be original (they can have been posted elsewhere) but they do need to be your own work. If using images from another photographer please ensure you have their permission and provide their name so that due credit can be given.
We accept any articles that fit into the following topics:
Before submitting your article, please ensure that you have a look through the following checklist.
- Inserted a title: Give it a catchy heading – something that will get peoples attention and make them want to read your article
- Great Content: Is your article engaging for our readers? Does it contain unique experiences, written in a lively manner full of personality and is it grammatically correct?
- Word Count: 500-1000 words
- Edited: This is an important one! Make sure you read and reread for typos, spelling mistakes and to make sure you have your their/they’re and there in the correct context
- Included images: We ask for 3-10 images for each post and unfortunately we are unable to accept submissions without. If you are submitting via the website you have the choice to include images within the text or at the end as a gallery
- Included name and website: Be sure to include your name under the title as well as a link to your personal website or blog (We do not promote commercial enterprises)
To submit follow these 6 simple steps
- Register HERE on the 72&Rising website
- Check your emails and click on the link to confirm your registration
- Log in with your account details (you can change your password whilst you are here to something a little easier to remember!)
- Click on ‘Posts’ from the menu on the left hand side, and then ‘Add new post’
- Input your text and images (see the little icon above the text box to input images) and hit the ‘Submit for review’ button on the right hand side
- Eagerly check back to the website after 24 hours to see your work published!
If you would prefer, you can also email submissions to email@example.com. Please ensure that images are not embedded in the text and that each image is at least 2MB in size.