Overview For Submissions
The editors will consider any images and/or text covering water topics for publication. The following are examples of ‘water’ areas that 72&Rising would cover:
The publication is particularly concerned with the following topics:
- Wildlife & Environment
- Science & Conservation
- People & Cultures
- Art & Photography
- Travel & Adventure
Manuscripts or images should not have previously been published nor be submitted to other publications at the time of submission to 72&Rising. The artists portfolio is the exception to this. All works must be original and adhere to plagiarism rules. Articles should be accompanied by a selection of high resolution images. Articles without images will not be considered.
The following submission formats and lengths will be accepted:
- Feature articles: 1000-3000 words
- Columns: 500 words
- Interviews: 1000-1500 words
- Media reviews: 200 – 300 words
- Product reviews: 200-500 words
- Letters to the editor: 100-300 words
Articles and images can be emailed directly to the editor in chief. Ftp will be available in the near future. The submissions must include the following:
- The original document in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx)
- Images should be high resolution in .jpeg or .psd format at 300dpi resolution at 100% placement. Please do not embed these images as part of the Word document. Colour images must be supplied in CMYK colour format, not RGB. Photoshop (psd) file must be supplied with all working layers.
- A signed document containing contact details of the author (phone, email, website) and a brief statement stating that the submitted text and/or images are original and have not been submitted elsewhere previously. It is the responsibility of the author to keep the 72&Rising team up to date with changes to contact details.
It is the responsibility of the photographer to ensure that appropriate media releases are obtained for relevant subjects.
By submitting your work you allow 72&Rising to use your work in full or in part in the publication 72&Rising and on any advertising regarding 72&Rising magazine at any time in the future. This includes websites, newsletters, flyers and for public events such as exhibitions. Full accreditation will be given where appropriate.
Text will be edited by a 72&Rising editor and reviewed by the editor in chief. Corrections will be made to conform to the grammatical style of the magazine. The author will be notified of any significant alterations to the text before the publication goes to print.
The author may be asked to revise or alter the text. In this case it would be appreciated for the work to be revised and sent back to the editor in chief within 7 days.
If you require any further information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org